Pew rent records, v. 7, 1797-1803
V MI46 P4p v. 7
The practice of renting pews was common in 19th century churches; members paid a fee for the right to occupy a particular pew every week. This bound manuscript is a record of pew rents paid to Third Presbyterian from 1797 to 1803. Entries are listed by date and include name and amount paid.
Third Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia, PA
Presbyterian Historical Society